2019 Gymnastics Team Tryouts
What will my daughter have to do at tryouts?
The atmosphere of tryouts is very relaxed. The athletes will perform basic gymnastics skills on all four olympic events and trampoline. Basic strength and flexibility will also be tested.
Who will make the team?
We are currently guaranteeing all of our recreational class athletes in Level 3 or 4 that tryout a spot on our team. These athletes have passed our basic requirements for the team program by getting promoted to our Level 3 and 4 recreational classes.
Level 1 and 2 recreational students… and athletes that do not currently attend our program may also tryout (and we encourage them to)… but they may or may not make the team.
What if my daughter does not make the team?
We encourage athletes that do not make the team to continue to take recreational classes (2 per week) until they are promoted to Level 3 or 4.
What if my daughter makes the team?
Practice will begin Monday, February 4th. We will work with you to find a workout that will work for you. The following workouts may or may not be available depending on availability. Athletes ages 5 – 7 will only be allowed to workout in the 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm workouts.
- Monday & Wednesday: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Monday & Wednesday: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
What is the cost of team?
- 4 hour/week tuition: $219/month
- 8 hour/week tuition: $299/month
- Seasonal fees to cover coaches travel and education: $450 – $600/athlete (depending on level)
- Uniform (leotard, warm-up pants and jacket, flip flops, and bag): $150/athlete
- Competition & coaching fees: $75 – $125/competition (choose only the competitions that you want to attend… minimum of 2 competitions plus the Wisconsin State Championships)
When and where are the competitions?
Gymnasts train year round for competitions that take place from November through April. The competitions are typically on the weekend… however… some competitions may be on Fridays. A competition typically takes 3.5 – 4.5 hours.
Competitions are typically within a 2 hour radius of the gym. We do attend farther competitions from time to time… but you can choose whether or not your daughter will attend.
What level will my daughter compete?
Midwest Twisters will be using our “best for kids” approach to competition and winning to determine what level your child will compete. We compete in both the Xcel and Junior Olympic divisions of USA Gymnastics. All athletes will start in the Xcel divisions. Athletes will have opportunities to tryout to represent Midwest Twisters in the Junior Olympic levels as they progress through our team program.