Would your daughter like to join our team program? Below is a little more about our team…
- USA Gymnastics Xcel Program
- USA Gymnastics Junior Olympic (JO) Program
- USA Gymnastics TOPs / Hopes / Elite
(MWT does not have a boys gymnastics program. Please see our ninja team program for both boys and girls.)
Midwest Twisters competes all five Xcel levels. This is a competitive program that is based on FUN and is an extension of our recreational program. Athletes workout from 5 – 8 hours per week and gain skills at their own pace. All team athletes at the Hartland gym start off in the Xcel program and have opportunities to transition to the Junior Olympic program if they meet the requirements for that program.
Midwest Twisters competes levels 4, 5 & 7 – 10 of the Junior Olympic program. The Junior Olympic program is for those that are looking for a a path to upper level gymnastics. Midwest Twisters does not focus on winning at a young age or at the lower levels… the focus there is training for the future.
USA Gymnastics TOPs / Hopes / Elite
- TOPs (Talent Opportunity Program)
- Ages 7 – 10 years
- MWT-Hartland participates in the TOPs program on an “invite only” basis.
- 9 – 20+ hour per week workout schedule
- 7 years old TOPS athletes – 9 hour minimum workout schedule
- 8 year old TOPS athletes – 12 hour minimum workout schedule
- 9 year old TOPS athletes – 16 hour minimum workout schedule
- 10 year old TOPS athletes – 20 hour minimum workout schedule
- For base requirements please refer to the USA Gymnastics TOPS information.
- MWT-Hartland uses the TOPs program as an educational program for our coaching staff to help improve our entire program.
- The Hopes program allows 10 – 13 year old athletes to compete using modified FIG (international) rules.
- 26+ hour per week workout schedule. (This program requires early afternoon workouts and modified school.)
- Elite (International Competition)
- MWT has currently never had an Elite athlete. We are looking to change that.
- 28+ hour per week workout schedule. (This program requires early afternoon workouts and modified school.)