Ninja Team Tryouts
(PARENTS MUST ATTEND)
Sunday, April 29th
4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Ages 7 & Up
$10 / Athlete
MWT is starting up the first competitive Ninja Team in the area. This program is for athletes that are looking for MORE. Athletes will have the option to compete in competitions in Wisconsin and surrounding states in leagues such as the following…
- National Ninja League (NNL)
- World Freerunning & Parkour Federation (WFPF)
- Ultimate Ninja Athlete Association (UNAA)
- Midwest Ninja League (MWNL)
MWT will train the athletes to defeat the obstacles and move quickly from point A to B at these competitions. Increased strength training will be major area of consideration as the team develops.
While the athletes will compete as individuals at the competitions… MWT will send a coach to each competition to monitor the athletes progress in a competitive setting. This will help us determine the training that needs to be done with each of our Ninja Team athletes.
What will my child have to do at ninja tryouts?
The atmosphere of tryouts is very relaxed. The athletes run through some basic obstacles that test balance… grip strength… upper body strength… and agility. Basic air sense will also be tested on trampoline. If an athlete is unable to perform an obstacle… the coaching staff will either help them or have them skip that particular obstacle.
Who will make the ninja team?
We are currently guaranteeing all of our ninja class athletes in Level 2 or above that tryout a spot on our team as long as they are age 7 or above. These athletes have passed our basic requirements for the team program by getting promoted to our Level 2 ninja classes. The ninja team is very inclusive as everyone can get stronger with a little practice.
Level 1 athletes and athletes that do not currently attend MWT may or may not make the team… however… we encourage them to tryout as long as they are age 7 or above.
What if my child does not make the ninja team?
We encourage athletes that do not make the team to continue to take ninja classes (2 per week) until they are promoted to Level 2 or above.
What if my child makes the ninja team?
Practice will begin Tuesday, June 12th. Workout times are listed below…
- Tuesday & Thursday: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm*
* We are looking to add a Monday & Wednesday workout time in the future if numbers allow.
What is the cost of the ninja team?
- 4 hour/week tuition: $219/month
- Seasonal fees: $150/athlete every 6 months (pays for coaches travel & educational expenses)
- Uniform (2 shirts, shorts, sweatshirt, sweatpants, parkour shoes, socks & a bag): $100 – $150/athlete
- Competition & coaching fees: $50 – $100/competition (choose only the competitions that you want to attend… team athletes must attend at least 1 competition every 3 months)
When and where are the ninja competitions?
Ninja is relatively new… so we are learning along with you. Competitions are currently not as close as we would like them to be. While there are competitions in the Metro Milwaukee & Chicagoland areas… many of the competitions are in Minnesota… Michigan… Ohio and beyond. This is why we are allowing our team members to choose only the competitions that are right for them. Competitions are held year round.